(Cat Posture )
While practicing this asana it resembles a cat stretching so it is called as Marjalasana.
- Sit in Vajrasana and make sufficient distance between knees and toes.
- Place the palms on the floor parallel to the knees in a sufficient distance.
- While inhaling raise the chin up and stretch, at the same time press the lower back.
- While exhaling bring the chin towards the hollow of the throat and raise the back up.
- Repeat this with breathing 6 to 8 times and come back to Vajrasana.
It renders the neck, shoulders and spinal cord very flexible. It tones the female reproductive system. This is recommended for one who is not able to practice Surya Namaskaras (Sun Salutations).