(Abdominal Twisting Posture)
Jatara means abdomen and parivarthana means moving or twisting therefore this asana is named as Jatara Parivarthanasanam.
- Lie in supine pose
- Put the hands at the shoulder level and press the palms on the floor
- Raise the right leg as maximum as possible till it is perpendicular to the floor
- Bring the right leg big toe nearer to the left hand thumb
- Simultaneously turn the head towards right side and look at the right hand fingers
- Slowly come back to supine pose
Note: Try with other side and then try with both legs.
It stimulates digestive system. It reduces excess fat in the abdominal region, buttocks and thighs. It is good for controlling diabetes.