(Sage Matsyendra Posture)
This posture is formulated by the sage Matsyendranath and hence the name.
- Sit in Samathala Stithi
- Fold right leg at the knee and place right foot at the out side of the left knee
- Fold the left leg and place the left leg heel under the perineum
- Slowly raise the left hand up and place it around the right leg thigh
- Catch the right leg big toe
- Twist the body and look back placing the right hand on the left thigh
- Stay in that posture comfortably. Then gradually and slowly come back to Samathala Stithi. Repeat the same with the other side
It controls diabetes. It massages the abdominal organs alleviating digestive ailments. It regulates the secretions of adrenaline and bile. It relieves constipation and urinary tract disorders.