(the Bow Aiming Posture)
This posture resembles an archer aiming the bow and hence the name.
- Sit in Samatala Stithi and slowly raise the hands from sides and join the palms.
- Slowly bend forward, and catch the big toes with the fingers.
- Raise the right toe up to the right ear while stretching the left leg.
- Stay in that position with normal breathing as long as possible and then slowly gradually come back to Samatala Stithi and relax.
- Repeat the process with the left leg.
Note: Alternatively, the asana is done with left hand fingers clutching right leg toe and vice versa.
Good for the muscles of the legs and hands. It enhances the elasticity of the spine and increases the capacity of concentration.