In recent years, most of the people are struggling from inflexibility of spine that lead them to backache and related issues. The Marjalasana or Cat pose in yoga is extraordinary to improve the flexibility level of your spine. Well, surprising fact is that is most of the poses or asanas have been adopted by noticing various animals. Cat has the most flexible spine in the whole animal kingdom. So, if you want to have a flexible spine then you will have to try this asana.
You will have to follow certain techniques to perform this asana successfully. Go through the sequence below-
- First, come on to floor with knees and hands on the floor forming a table in such a way that your back looks like top of the table and your feet and hands make the legs of that table.
- Now, keep the arms perpendicular to the ground, with your hands directly under your shoulders and flat on the floor; knees are apart.
- After that, look straight.
- Lift your chin as you breathe in and tilt the head back. While raising your tailbone just push the navel downwards. Compress the buttocks.
- Maintain this specific Marjalasana and try to take deep, long breaths.
- You will have to follow this by countermovement: As you breathe out, drop the chin to the chest and arch the back up as much as possible; now relax your buttocks.
- Maintain this posture for some seconds before you make table like structure.
- Continue six or seven rounds.
- When you perform this pose gracefully and slowly, it effects become more meditative and powerful.
In this way you can practice Marjalasana to make your spine flexible enough.
There are some precautions that should be followed to avoid adverse effects of Marjalasana. Well, if you really have any kind of neck or back problems then it is recommended to consult a physician before you perform the Marjalasana. If your physician says yes to you then make sure you perform this pose under the professional guidance of any certified yoga teacher if you have neck and back issues.
There are amazing advantages of this easy, simple yet essential yoga pose. So, let’s have a look:
- It stretches, strengthens and also adds flexibility to your spine.
- Both your wrists and shoulders will be strengthened.
- Stretching relaxes your mind.
- Good for those who suffer from Spondylitis.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Tones abdomen.
Practice this Marjalasana asana and experience the benefits in real time.