Janu Sirsasana for better Digestion!
Today yoga comes out as the best way to stay healthy and even you can fight depression leading to a better living. Janu Sirsasana is a particular yoga pose that helps you in many ways to feel better and move on with your life.
It’s also referred to as head to knee pose and you can follow the steps mentioned here to do it successfully:
- First, sit on the ground and stretch the legs
- Next, slowly bend your right leg bringing the feet close to your left thighs and make the sole of your right foot touch the left thing.
- Keep your left leg straight with the toes upwards.
- Inhale a deep breath and make your arms up and as you exhale slowly bend your body down towards the left foot.
- Now, make your hands go forward and take the big toe of your left foot with thumb, index and middle fingers of both the hands.
- Slowly pull your trunk in a forward direction till your forehead goes to your knees.
- Remain in this position for a few minutes and you can even hold your breath for sometime if you can. However, if you stay for a longer time you can go for normal breathing without any difficulties.
- While you release, get your trunk to an upward position and sit straight. And inhale deep when you come back to your sitting pose. Slowly, bring out your right leg and keep it in front of your body getting back to the initial position.
- Now, repeat the same thing with other leg using your left leg against right thigh.
So, now you get a clear view about how to carry out janu sirsasana making your body feel relaxed.
Here is a brief look on the benefits of the particular yoga pose:
- It helps you to get relaxed
- You can feel a soothing effect directly touching your heart and you can feel the peace
- You can get rid of anxiety, depression and it’s helpful to treat menstrual difficulties
- Improves the digestive process and thus you can stay well
- Keep your liver and kidneys healthy with a natural stimulating effect
These features serve as the inspiration to perform Janu Sirsasana and you can experience the benefits in real time.
Janu Sirsasana is one of the most important sitting asanas of Ashtanga yoga. However, make sure you are on empty stomach while practicing this asana to void any type of negative effects.