A healthy lunch is a finest way to stay fit and healthy
Almost everyone is aware of the hidden effects of having lunch in restaurants, fast food centers, etc., the amount of calories, unhealthy fats and sodium they add to our body. One main reason many people cite is that they don’t have luxury of time during lunch in office hours. The only answer to this excuse is the human body is precious and once affected with any disease will affect you financially as well as emotionally. A simple effort will make our life healthy and happier.
Instead of taking easy way out by filling our body with quick but unhealthy food, why should not we put some little effort in preparing food that makes us fit and healthy. A best healthy lunch contains low-fat, high in fiber and balanced amounts of carbohydrates to keep you active. You need not spend much money on preparing healthy food.
[Are you vegan food lover ! Get the Vegan delicious lunch recipes]
Importance of protein in lunch!
- A meal with high protein content will satisfy for a longer time. It also keeps the blood sugar levels in check.
- For a growing child protein is very crucial for healthy growth.
- For a healthy lunch ensure a small amount of protein is necessary.
Easy Lunch Ideas
If you don’t have enough time to prepare a multi course meal, then try preparing a wide variety of sandwiches. Prepare them with wraps, multi grain bread, or whole grain pitas. Fill-up sandwiches with cheese, lean meats, tuna fish or sliced eggs. Make it nutritious by adding basil, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers.
Chicken and Fruit Salad would be a refreshing lunch during summers. It is easy to prepare: take 2 table spoons of low fat sour cream, add poppy seeds, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in it. Stir it up until it turns smooth. Add salad greens and mix it up to get a good coat of the dressing to the salad. Add cooked chicken, and your favorite fruit along with it. Cantaloupe, Honey melon or Water melon would make a good choice. Top it off with finely chopped feta cheese and walnuts. This delectable dish is easy to prepare and contains low calories.
Below are some more light foods that make healthy great lunch:
- Guacamole, Egg & Arugula on Crackers
- Almond-Currant Couscous
- Squash and Chickpea Stew
- Grilled Chicken, Aged Cheddar & Chutney Sandwich
- Bulgur Wheat and Shrimp Salad
- Millet with Spinach and Pine Nuts
- Fruity Pasta Salad
- Fried Rice with Tofu and Vegetables
- Hot and Spicy Black Bean Dip
- Roasted Vegetable and Pasta Bake
- Vegetable Tart Provençale
- Lentil-Tomato Stew with Browned Onions
- Rustic Broiled Vegetable and Rigatoni Salad
- Sesame Pork and Noodle Salad
- French Tuna and Bell Pepper Salad.
Need additional help? Find a good nutritionist at https://www.vydya.com/nutrition-healthy-cooking.htm
All above mentioned foods are easy to prepare. There are numerous websites and videos available online that help you in preparing these meals.
Have your lunch in your own way instead of relying on outside food, for a healthy life.